Now, sometimes, we love easy fixes to keep a child entertained but we're no too fond of the mess and the cleanup. But, I have a fix for that with this fun and exciting project that can be done anywhere; inside or outside. But, we'll need to grab a few items first.
- food coloring
- baking soda
- droppers/ spoon
- paint brush
Most of the items listed above are probably found in your kitchen so you don't have to worry about that!
1. Now the first step is to make sure you have all of your supplies handy and ready.
2. Next, you are going to mix your water and your food coloring together.
3.Just a few drops to make it look like watercolor paint.
4.Then add your baking soda.
*the amount really decides on the number of children painting. But I filled the cup with 6 oz of water, 4 drops of food coloring, and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. The goal is to have the paint you create be a little thick, almost like a paste.*
5. After the paint is made, have your child paint a beautiful picture with different colors.
6. Once they're finished painting, using a dropper or spoon add the vinegar to the art masterpiece!
7. Watch and enjoy as the art creates little bubbles and fizzes as the vinegar reacts to the baking soda.
Here's another tip: Use disposable cups and spoons so the whole mess can be thrown out immediately after use. This also minimizes on the time it takes to clean up.
Hope you have a blast!
a Tip-filled Teacher